June 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
From a lot of trial and error, I’ve come up with a brownie recipe that I really like! If you like chewy brownies, you’ve found your recipe right here! I don’t understand cake brownies.. chocolate cake right? Anyway, here you are:
1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
1 C granulated/white sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter, then bring to room temperature.
- Mix together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir dry mixture into the egg mixture until well blended.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared/greased/nonstick pan,.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.